Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF

Well so they say ... today was a dreary rainy day, again this week. I think they say the rain is gone for a few days and it will be sunny skies for us in the coming days. I think the sun brings a smile and more creativity out of me! I did manage to rearrange some tables around today, take some pics of the Americana that is starting to emerge in my home, and finish an Abe Lincoln hat that should not have taken me as long as it did for me to complete. I tell ya sometimes the ideas are flowing and it is just to get it produced. So since I live in Illinois it is fitting for me to do a few Abe Lincoln hats for the summer season. I will be doing each one a little different, I kept this one simple. It is about a 8" hat made of black felt that is stiffened and stained using my mixture that smells prim, sweet annie all around with few old glory pips scattered ... the hang tag (hung on by way of rusty pin with a bell) has a quote from Abe himself that I really like, so much that it is on my blog. "I have been driven to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" I don't know why I like this one so much, maybe because I have, like so many others, had so many peaks and valleys in my life....so far. It is a learning experience and guess I really would not have it any other way. Sometimes the events in our life no matter how big or small do happen for a reason, may they be good or bad. So with this I sign off saying to my readers to make the most of your day no matter what.
Have a blessful weekend, may it be a good one for you!
~~Bobbie
PS..the hat will be listed in my store as well as ETSY

No comments:

Post a Comment